About

arrows-1229853_1920

There is a certain beauty in value compounding. If you put in $100,000 in your investment account and simply receive a normal-looking 10% annual return, by the time you retire from your job in 40 years, you will have an astounding 4.5 million dollars.

However, true value is not necessarily the easiest to discover, in life or in the market. Once you do, you better make sure you hold on to it. The noise from Wall Street and countless analysts in the world make it even harder for retail investors to discover true values in the market for the correct reasoning.

At Value Compound, I analyze the market and discuss current economic and financial developments. I offer my insights on companies and potential profitable investment opportunities. I also touch upon certain aspects of the past, for I believe “Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”

A few things about me: My name is Archie Meng. I am a student studying Economics and Finance. I love finance and making wealth grow. I have managed a private wealth portfolio for a few years, and my annualized return is around 30%. I feel incredibly lucky and grateful that I am given the opportunity, and that I have discovered my true calling in life at a relatively young age.

My investment decisions follow strong underlying guidelines and philosophy. I believe in buying undervalued assets with a future and holding them until they are no longer undervalued. I have a clear checklist on what-to-buy and what-not-to-buy, and I conduct research independently, without reliance on the trending analytical sentiments. I am proud of my contrarian conclusions, and they have worked out extremely well for me. To me, the quote “the truth is often in the hands of a few” is especially true in the market. Furthermore, research is 95% of profit and the other 5% is probably luck. If you judge someone on your first impression, regardless of how good you are, it is likely you judged incorrectly to some extent. However, if you have constantly interacted with this person for a long time and actively tried to understand them, your judgement will likely withstand the test of time and externalities. The same goes for investment.

In addition to my adherence to Buffett/Graham style of investment, I also subscribe to a Buffett/Mohnish’s lifestyle. I believe in honesty and genuineness. I strive to live life healthily, wealthily, and most important of all, happily.